2: From DUMBO to Brooklyn Bridge

by - 10:00 PM


Now I’m gonna talk about a famous bridge in New York which I'm very sure that you all know about, which is the Brooklyn Bridge. So this bridge connects two different parts of New York which are Brooklyn and Manhattan. Manhattan will be where tourists will spend most of their time in while Brooklyn is known with their.. idk maybe rap? like Jay-Z and its unique style which if I were to describe, I don’t know how. What I know is I wouldn’t walk alone in Brooklyn at night. To describe more on both related to fashion, I think Manhattan is more about smart, formal plus a little casual while Brooklyn is more like a street wear vibe. I hope I describe them enough. However these two places actually do complement each other as Manhattan is where all the jobs opportunities are at and Brooklyn is where people are living for those jobs as Manhattan is too expensive. 

So before going to this bridge, I will recommend everyone to start with DUMBO if they are living in Brooklyn for their Airbnb or whatever because they are kinda one way too, as you will meet DUMBO first before the bridge. After you take pictures at DUMBO, walk on the same street but away from the Manhattan Bridge (blue bridge) until you find a sign showing stairs to go up to Brooklyn Bridge. It will be about 3 or 4 blocks away if I’m not mistaken. Go up the stairs and you will be on the bridge. This way, you don’t have to walk from the very end of the bridge and you can  save your energy a bit. From the stairs spot, it will take about approximately 20 to 25 mins to walk across the bridge to Manhattan. But if you start from the very end of the bridge in Brooklyn, maybe it will take 35 to 40 minutes of walking to get to the end. 

At the end of the bridge at Manhattan side, there will be people selling cheap souvenirs like a fridge magnets, keychain and posters, so don’t forget to bring your cash. Yeah cash, they don’t accept cards.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. OMG this is like a life saving (time saving actually) for all tourists who planning on visiting.
    I am sure going to write down this info because it's so useful. Thanks!
    Btw, love the photo :)

    ReplyDelete